With all this quilting going on at my house, I have been running the tv thin with movies. Here are the ones I've watched in the last few weeks:
1. King Kong, 1976: I can only watch the movie up until they get King Kong on the boat. Then it just gets sad. It was on AMC.
2. 17 Again, 2009: This one I saw last Wednesday night. It was really good!! This picture shows my favorite part. I always wanted that 'so cool' moment when I was in high school. Didn't we all?!
3. The Day the Earth Stood Still, 2008: Borrowed from a friend in my ward. I haven't seen the original, but this one was interesting. I know a lot of people think Keanu Reeves is a hokey actor, and he might be, but I still really like him. Must be the Ted Logan that's still inside. He plays a dull alien really well, though.
4. V for Vendetta, 2005: I saw the last 20 minutes of this movie about a month ago, and finally got to see the first 3/4 of it a couple of nights ago. I cried SO hard. Natalie Portman is excellent in this film. When she was scared, I was scared for her, when she was infuriated, I felt it too. Gory, but thank goodness for edited TV movies!
5. Bye Bye Birdie, 1963: It was on just a moment ago while I was doing dishes and laundry. It was okay. But I'm excited to look towards the new one about to begin production with oo-la-la John Stamos. He will be doing the same character Dick Van Dyke played.
6. Cold Mountain, 2003: This was a very good, very sad, very inspiring movie. I'm glad it was edited; I'm sure it was very gory, and very hard to watch in its original format. ANY movie dealing with war times is a generally going to be a hard movie, and this was no exception. Renee Zellweger's character, Ruby, was sensational. She motivated, encouraged, and pushed Nicole Kidman's stereotypical female-character into action to save herself and her property. This movie gets 5 stars from me.
7. Sabrina, 1995: A friend of mine has been trying to get me to watch this one for a long time. And I finally just got to! I've only ever seen the old one with Audrey Hepburn from 1954. I appreciated this one because the better looking character was Linus. In the 1954 version, I hated that she wound up with Humphrey Bogart (sounds like a weird Harry Potter creature) when William Holden was there. 
*I keep a page in the front of my journal for the movies I see, and another one for the movies I'd like to see that weren't out at the time of the list compilation. I star each of them with how much I liked it, the price I paid to see it, and also the location (a theatre, tv, or rental).
Does anyone else do that? ha! I'd love to hear a yes!!
8 comments:
I absolutely adore that version of Sabrina! In fact, I've never seen the old one. I grew up on that movie.
And V for Vendetta is such a good movie. And yes, very gorey. But just a lot of blood, no other internal parts. Buts lots of blood.
I don't do that, but when I read that you did...I thought 'what a good idea.' So I may start. I used to keep movie tickets, but they fade.
The only show I've seen on your list is Sabrina. Big fan of that version...of course, Harrison Ford has a lot to do with that.
I'm amazed that you actually keep an organized list of the movies you see--I've never even thought of doing that! (Though as a teenager I kept a list at the front of my journal for the different dates I went on, complete with starts rating how fun they were, etc. It's funny the things we do!) By the way, I love that version of Sabrina! I haven't seen it in years, but now I want to go rent it and make Curt watch it with me!
I don't do that... I never even thought of doing that! That's my problem with TV shows and movies. I never care enough. (I guess that could be a good thing) I've never once been so obsessed with a show that I remembered every week to watch it, and I've never thought spending money on movies was the best use of my money OR time. I love movies, and I've always been jealous of your movie collection, but every time I buy them I feel guilty and think I should have spent the money on books! Woe is me.
I totally agree with King Kong!! I do the same thing with the old and new one. About the journal, I do not do that but I think that is a great idea. Kip and I are big movie fans and you will find especially after you have your little one you don't always make it as easily to all the ones in the theatre.
P.S. I have always loved Sabrina!
wow. what a great idea!! i love movies, but i have so many i want to watch. i should write them down, so i don't forget!!
thanks for the reviews! i've seen most of the old ones (my dad's a big fan) but not a few of the newer ones. sabrina and bye bye birdy are great. and i agree, i like the newer sabrina better w/the nicer looking men options.
where do you get edited movies???
Post a Comment