April 16, 2009

happy spring


Last Friday there was a 'Scrap for a Cause' at a friend's house; a little friendly fundraiser for our town's library. Because all of my pictures are in a bin under our house, smashed into our crawl space, under more bins, I decided to take something else... I can't lift more than a certain weight, Mark tells me. 

So I packed up my little 'mistake strip' from my quilt. I spent last quilting class, and that night, unpicking an entire strip from my 'middle-eastern-inspired quilt.' Remember that one? Waaaay back from last summer? Yes. That one! In the beginning, I made a huge error; cutting squares of my 2nd fabric 1/2" too small on every side. I cut, adhered, silk stitched stars to these 12 square babies without realizing it. So I'm getting back on track, slowly getting back on track. 

After taking apart the strip, I made this card cutie!! It was nearly Easter, so I decided it will do for a happy spring card for my Grandma. I told her to keep an eye out for it when I talked to her on Saturday. I better get it in the mail TODAY. 

HAPPY SPRING!

7 comments:

The Willis Wonder Years said...

LOVE IT!! You are seriously Mrs. Crafty herself! I cant even draw a decent stick figure. I dont know how you do everything you do! You are amazing!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I am soooo inspired by that card. I am going to make something cute with that idea.

Cutest card ever. You are amazing.

Chelsea said...

well done! sounds like a super fun reason to be crafty too!

Beth said...

How cute! If I ever have time to do another card I think I might copy your genius. It is adorable!

rach said...

hey what's your email, my dear?

Mars said...

CUTIE CARD!! Me=LOVE IT!

You're so creative jayce! I need to set aside more time for crafting. I need to finish my dresser I'm redoing actually. I just need to sand & paint the drawers. You'll love it. Total Anthrop style. It's teal/light blue. I'll have to show you the fabric I'm making pillows for, the duvet I'm getting & I'm painting my rod iron bed black. Yes I am totally Anthropishing my room :)

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! I would not want to give that away! I would hang it up in my house and tell everyone how crafty I was because I made it!!