April 16, 2009

gone native

People say that when you open your doors and windows when it's in the high 30's here, you've become a true Alaskan; I did that last week. Well today I sat outside in the 40s!! It was glorious!
The sun was strong and high, there were no clouds, and the only snow is in the shade or on the mountain tops. I even had an Alaskan book to read: 
A friend (who is also a hunter) said that this book will cure my fear of wolves. I doubt it, but I told him I'd give it a try. He said that this man, Frank Glaser hunted wolves only for control (there were TONS of them back then) and he developed a huge respect and reverence for the animal. I already have that... along with the fear. 

Here's to hoping!

2 comments:

Julianne said...

Wow! I thought you guys were supposed to be at the "warm" Alaska base too. Isn't Eielson a lot colder? Have you guys seen the Allen's yet?

Jayci said...

Yes! we are at the "warm Alaska" base. :P haha! And Eielson is a lot colder during the winter months, but also hotter during the summer time. And we've TALKED to the Allens, but haven't seen them yet. :) SOON, though. It'll be fun.