July 5, 2008

Hike V: Thunder Bird Falls

I think I've officially turned Granola. Well... maybe san the tie-dye and hemp jewelry, but I love these hikes. My legs have been in pain since Tuesday, even if I walk Buckwheat around the neighborhood, I still have to slowly go up the stairs. So yesterday I knew I had to do something more strenuous to get my legs in action again. So... another hike! Way easy this time. 2 miles with a family who has 3 young boys. And one that I could take Buckwheat on: easy! But still beautiful. The above picture is from the lower view of the big falls. It was so pretty. The mist came off and I had to hurry to take the photo because I was worried about my camera. It was that wet. 
Mark was wearing a full sweatshirt, and still got attacked by the mosquitos. I on the other hand, only got two - maybe its because he likes candy more than I do? Poor Mark. But Buckwheat had a great time!
And so did my legs! Happy 4th of July!

Thunder Bird Falls stats: 
Distance: 2 - 2.5 miles
Elevation gained: 200 feet

5 comments:

Amy said...

It sure looks gorgeous there--slightly different than Del Rio...I'm sure.

Jayci said...

ha ha "Half Nelson". HA HA Tessa...

Jayci said...

or are you talking about the real band "hawk nelson". On Mark's sweat shirt it is "Half Nelson". :) Love you

Chell said...

So beautiful!!! Wow!!

This South African chick needs to come visit and see these stunning places that you hike! :)

I think you are right above the mosquitos, I LOVE chocolate and candy and they CARRY ME AWAY!!! :)

Wendy Christensen said...

The waterfall at this hike is beautiful! PS: My Grandpa (he's no longer alive) told me that carrots are the best mosquito repelent... I think you have to eat lots of them :)!!!