July 4, 2008

tall ships

My dad sent me and my sister these pictures that he and my mom took today. He said that on the 4th of July weekend every year these Tall Ships gather in the bay that they can see from their house. I don't know much about these boats, or the exciting gathering; Aubrey, you probably know a lot more about it then I do. But if you were to edit out the other little boats, it reminds me of one of two movies: The Goonies, or Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm so happy they get to experience such a different lifestyle now that they are in the northwest. What a cool sight to see!

9 comments:

Chell said...

First! :)

Chell said...

Thats awesome! Wow.

I wish we had something here that we celebrated and looked forward to as much as the 4th of July in America. It looks like so much fun - and I love that everyone gets so excited and goes all out to make it a special day! :)

Kris said...

Thats an awesome picture- it looks like a painting! Happy 4th of July!

KristenL said...

Wow! I can't believe that's real! Happy Fourth!!

Anonymous said...

It really was a spectacular sight. Actually, the Tall Ships Festival goes all over the world, usually someplace different every year. It just so happens that Tacoma had the Festival three years ago and then again this year. Mom.

Amy said...

That would be pretty spectacular to see.

aubreyannie said...

we really, really, really wanted to go and see the tall ships festival. our good friends live over on vashon island and invited us to come and spend the night and see them in the harbor. one of them is a replica of the nina (the one chrisopher columbus sailed) but we had a busy, busy fourth of july and were getting ready for that and didn't want to cram more stuff in. so cool that your parents could see it!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!!

Wendy Christensen said...

I want to see those tall ships ... Thanks for the 'heads up' on them :)