The bear is a brown with two cubs, apparently, and it killed the moose within 500 ft. of our house! When Mark showed me the video, I couldn't believe it! The video opens up looking up the street, and to the left (exactly to the left of where the scene is) is our house! Holy smokes.
Go here if you want to see the National Geographic-worthy video. You might have to do a search for Jennifer McLendon or bear in Eagle River; there wasn't a directly link to the video. It's sad, but hey, it happened.... I just feel really bad for the mom-moose. A lot of mother moose have to just watch while their calves .. well.. you know.
On a lighter note, work is going swell! They think I'm doing fabulous, so with each vote of confidence comes even more responsibilities! Monday night it sure seemed daunting, but I'm training in back before I start out front so I can understand why we do what we do. It's really interesting and I think I'll really like working here with all the nice people and interesting patients.
2 comments:
Ah, the poor little moose. I am not a fan of things having to eat each other. I know its nature and all that, but I still want to cry like I little kid when I see it on the tv! :)
Good on you for doing fab at the new job!
thats crazy! Im surprised that fish & game didn't do anything else like remove the cubs and sow back into the mountains. especially with them being in the neighborhood with little kids. that's what they've done in years past when bears get into my parents garbage up on hiland. amazing video though. im glad it wasn't a child though . . . they'd have to shoot it for sure. crazy!!!
Post a Comment