July 24, 2008

putter one

Puttering around Pier 1 can take me quite a while. Considering it's hard to find stores here that has that pizzaz that can be found most anywhere else. I have to admit something: I can never decided on one style for my home. It's a good thing I have to consider my husband when choosing home decor items. I have so many realms to my design niche that it's difficult to narrow down what I want in my home. I have the world-eclectic that shows my traveling interests, and then I have my girly, froofy side that shows Mark I am still very much a femme person. Then I have my vintage styles that I throw in here and there, showing that I have roots through my mom and dad's parents into the 40s and 50s style. 

This is a typical post on this blog, but here it is for my own interest:
A beautifully warm and caramel encompassed mirror with the flair of the middle east and urban vibe from the US through it's clean corners and square shape. Mark thinks our reed lights should be history in the near future (makes sense, right?). So I'm trying to branch out for a new style I think would fit nicely in our home:
More bright colors!! I love the paint detail around this mirror. I found stencils that I want to do down stairs around the wall moldings. Sort of reminded me of those when I saw this mirror:
I love the blended paints between the blues and grays (around the painted-wood border) with the warm yellow and reds.
Pillows. Oh gosh, don't get me started! Too many choices...
Here's the girly side coming out! I love the burlap-look with the embroidered flowers:
But then reverting back to my traveler-eclectic look, more bright colors!
This is confusing. I'm thinking upstairs it will be my world-eclectic traveler side and then down stairs I will stick to my froofy-vintage girl style. With the help from frequent Mo and Tory tips. You up for that, you two?? 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Pier 1 such a fun place? I haven't been there in ages. I really should go again. I espeically like the second mirror pictured.

Speaks Family said...

Here's what you do. Start a hotel where every room has a different decorating style. Then you have all your variety and your guests are paying for it.
Meg

aubreyannie said...

i love pier one. that is one of my fave places to putter around too!

Mo and Tory Reeder said...

I guess but only if you give us your first born.... :)

Did you start the new job?
How'd it go?

Busy Bee Lauren said...

MUST HAVE THOSE AQUA PILLOWS! I need to go to Pier 1 ASAP.