July 13, 2008

magnets

Going from best to 'least-best', here is the debut of my magnets! I have had a couple people see these in person and their comments are always, "oh! They're so small!" These are really small. They are less than an inch across, and rest perfectly on the 5/8" magnets I glued them to. Also, it seemed that many of you thought I hand made these... sorry to let you down. I DID hand glue them to the magnets. Very difficult.  .. teasing! But I did get a nice burn; so as not to let you down. It hurt.

Here is the second set: 
These plastic little cut outs came with words printed on them, so I just added the paper backing. Some of my favorite papers, too, so I really love these. The magnets I used are really weak though, so I may have to add some more (maybe from a magnet tape). 

The last set I didn't include a picture because they aren't as picture-impressive, but they're big and powerful. You can see one in the bottom right corner of the above picture. I used different papers from my favorite collection and also a couple sheets I found for 10 cents while browsing Joann's. Now go make some magnets! It's super-duper fun. 

9 comments:

Chell said...

First! :)

Those look so cute! I must get creative and make some of my own..

Smedley Family said...

regardless girl, you know they're fabulous!!! I told you, you should of let people think you did them by hand . . . lol! :)

Marie said...

I bet you could totally sell those "button" magnets in an etsy store. You should!! So, where did you get the top part that you glued to the magnets. I'm intrigued!!!

Brittany B said...

I think you should have let us all think you made them by hand. Either way they turned out really cute!

Holly said...

Cute cute! I'm still impressed even if all you did was glue on the magnets. (That's more than I've done!) You will forever be a creative, crafty genius in my book.

{krista} said...

So where do you get the top part of those magnets? They look like fabric! And the paper, is it glued to anything or just to the magnet? I love those, they are SO cute. They'd look way better on my fridge than the magnet paper dolls we use... LOL

kris said...

Those are way cute Jayci! I would totally buy those, you should start selling them!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE MAGNETS I WOULD ALSO BUT THEM TO REPLACE ALL THE FREE ONES YOU GET FROM THE PIZZA PLACES THAT I HAVE ON MY FRIDGE. YOU SHOULD REALLY THINK ABOUT IT, IT WOULD BE A GOOD WAY TO MAKE SOME EXTRA CASH!

MC Lewis said...

Those are way cute! I am trying to get crafty, but it is taking time and some learning!