Next to my parents house is a fenced in park, and we have been able to take Buckwheat there off leash before the doggie-police put up signs that say "no unleashed dogs." We only let him run around if there is NO one else there. He loves chasing the birds.. (my camera died right after this shot this morning, so action shots maybe tomorrow.. we'll see!):
At 9:00am we went to Tacoma Boys again! Jordan you'll have to check this place out! Try the dark tortilla chips with the black bean salsa samplers. SO divine.
Cute kiwis:
Freshest of the fresh produce. Feels like a locally owned Whole Foods Market:
I don't use garlic, but I will take pictures of it:
I don't drink wine, but I'll take pictures of it! I have always loved how wine bottles look..
weird? so be it:
wood ... anyone know what for? I liked the twine bows:
Wall of candy/snacks:
Cherries for Aubrey: :)
Asparagus. This is my favorite part of the vegetable.
Some say it's bitter, but to me it tastes better than the stalk! Anyone else? :
Saw these beauties in the nursery on the way out:
For dinner, my blogging friend Aubrey had us over on her
BUSIEST day! She had prepared the most yummy picnic.
It was so nice to meet her husband Paul and her new little baby.
Not only did I leave with a nice full belly, but I left with:
-2 way cute shirts
-1 pregnancy yoga DVD
-salted caramels!! mmm
-chocolate chip cookies
-an adorable baby card
-one good picture:
and
-a stem from a bleeding heart bush, courtesy of Ava
Thank you, Aubrey and Paul!! It was a perfect picnic.
Then it was off to the Mariners v. Orioles game. Uncle Kirt gave us great seats.
So close, in fact, that there were these warning stickers
on every chair back:
Ken Griffey, Jr.:
"Buy me some cotton candy" needs to be added to
the famous baseball song. Don't you think?
I guess it wouldn't rhyme...:
The lights:
RUN:
One inning before we left... Mariner's were sure to win.
Go Mariners!
Only a few days left of this trip!! I better start relaxing!
6 comments:
Could the wood be for plank roasting? Like with salmon? Just an idea... Oh, and I only eat the heads of asparagus, so I'm with you on it being my favorite part. I give the stalk to John--the head just tastes sooo much better than the rest!
I love how wine bottles look too! I've been collecting grape juice bottles that look like wine bottles (as using them as flower vases, usually), because collecting wine bottles is way too expensive. I should just start asking my non-Mormon friends to give me theirs... hmmm...
I'm sad you got to have a picnic with Paul & Aubrey & the kids. AND meet Mabel before me. Remember how you've met Max & Mabel both before ME?? And they are my cousins! sad day. I'm glad you enjoyed your day. Those chips & bean dip sound delicious & that asparagus looks yummy! PS I think the wood is to cook on. Like how at restaurants you can order cedar plank salmon or chicken or steak. They cook it on wood planks to give it flavor. Maybe thats what the wood was for? I like the candy picture :)
I like how tessa said BLAST. I need to know how to get to Tacoma Boys! Or maybe Zach's mom will know. I'm very jealous of your trip... you are having so much fun, I wish I got to spend all that time with you. How much longer till you go home???
ooh, i adore your pictures of tacoma boys. love the wine bottles and the garlic.
i'm so glad you guys got to stop by and eat dinner with us. you and mark are just plain wonderful and so pleasant to be with and talk to. i only wish it could have been longer and that max was there..he didn't get home till 8:00! i hope you enjoy the rest of your visit here.
I love the many adventures of "Jayci's Daisies", I always feel like I'm along on the adventure with you.
I love that you document detail.
Post a Comment