June 21, 2009

great and important things

I was looking through the two photo albums from growing up that I have in my possession, and I found some fun pictures of me and my dad. I thought it would be fun to list off what I've learned from my dad in picture-form.

. My dad taught me to not grow taller than him, or I'd have one sore forehead. That was good advice:
. My mom (and dad) taught me to date guys taller than me. My mom by stories, and my dad by example (nearly 6'4"): 
. He taught me to not sleep in on vacations because you'd miss the site-seeing. Not sleeping in made me fall asleep in my stroller instead:
. My dad taught me all types of history: American, European, literature, art, etc. Here we are at Anne Hathaway's cottage, the birthplace of Shakespeare:
. he taught me how to wink:
. Dad also taught me not everyone has to like wearing hats, but I should always help out my mom when she needs a model:
. Dad, you also taught me that the best friend I could ever have is my little sister:
Happy Father's Day, dad! And don't worry... I've learned many more important things from you too. I love you!

5 comments:

Darci Buhl said...

That last picture is so the Jayci I remember! haha. Love the pictures.

Leslie said...

I loved this - fun to see all those pictures and reading this post!

Jordan said...

I love that the black and white pictures look so historical and nostalgic (if that makes sense). Makes me want to take b/w's when I have kids. And love the one with the hat... very artistic, not to mention one cute kid in the picture.

Holly said...

What fun pictures, and a cute post!

julia said...

i love the 2nd to last picture. you should frame that.