Another stop at Hello, Cupcake for Mark. Hello, sweet lemon:
After sweet things for breakfast, I took pictures of
some of my mom and dad's garden flowers.
I love these little metal signs people have here
(including my mom); they write the flower
name in with graphite pencils. So nice and simple looking:
Not sure of this flower's name,
but it smells so nice and looks like a starburst:
Irises:
Then Mom called me to the back yard;
there was a deer staring at us. A young buck:
Snapdragons:
I know, 2nd picture of this movie within a week. What's wrong with me?
But take a look at the violet, which is the center one on the right:

Does it not look like this flower?!
Just give it a singing expression and voila!
California Poppy:
Mint:
Horton Hears a Who flower
(real name? who knows?! Maybe the Whos do):
Then tonight was a surprise BBQ for our good friend Brian Willis. He was surprised by not only a BBQ, but also by us even showing up! It was a lot of fun, and Melanie did such an awesome job! The food and company was so fantastic. Congrats to our new captains!!
don't you love the little last-minute add-on sign? Ha ha.
Melanie wanted Mark to be a part of the party too; so sweet!
6 comments:
Gorgeous pics! especially those "Who" flowers--so pink and lovely. Sigh.
I loved this. I love the references to Alice in Wonderland because I like that movie haha. It makes me laugh. Even though I swear someone was on drugs when this movie was made but I still like it. Love the flowers & sounds like it was a nice little surprise party. Congrats to your friend & Mark! I want to come see your parents house. It looks beautiful!
mmmmm I love the flower pics too. I don't know why they warrant an "mmmm" but it just looks so delicious and beautiful at the same time. Funny that you found that Alice picture to match!
I love snap dragons...so pretty! Umm...I want a lemon cupcake!
That cupcake looks amazing and it also makes me want to make some lemon cupcakes to eat and not share with anyone but my fat self! Thanks for the idea I think I know my next baking venture!
Congrats to Mark for pinning on Captain! Wahoo!
Tony just did too. I'm so excited because now I can call him Captain and he can call me Fraulein. (All my dreams to live The Sound of Music are coming true! sort of.)
spoiler alert: That will be an upcoming blog post o' mine. Look for it soon (as soon as I get a picture of el capitan in his uniform). shhhh. TOP SECRET. :)
Post a Comment