June 5, 2009

day 24 - ikea run

We hadn't expected to go back to this place, but we thought that we might as well! I checked availability on the queen bed we were eyeing for our guest furniture and it was in stock this week. Unfortunately, there is no friend with a trailer here this week, dang it! We're crossing our fingers Mark has a trip to McChord so he can throw it on his jet. That would be ideal. 

So anyhow, here are some of the things I liked. I am looking for some shelves with a heavy weight bearing capacity for scrapbook paper and other crafts I can organize on downstairs. I saw these! They don't quite match with what we have downstairs, but I was happy to know that there are things like this out there:
Check out this huge mirror! I like it:
We are considering a rug to put under our kitchen table and possibly under our coffee table to stop the wear on our house's carpet. We'll see if and from where we get one.. the price tag is in the picture to help me remember:
I have a table top from Ikea that Mark uses, but it has no drawers. If I could take that table top desk downstairs and use it for sewing or something, then Mark could get something like this with drawers and shelves. This desk also comes in black-brown:
The color of the baby's room is a warm, calm, muted forest green. I think I'll be able to put lots of different colors in there with that green. I saw these lights and thought "how fun!":
But here is a safer color... just in case. I don't know what sorts of lights I'll get for the baby's room. I know I'll need some soft, quiet lights that I can turn on for night-time visits, so we'll just have to see what I find:
And the reason for the visit to this museum-of-a-store. We now have the complete bedroom set that I had been hoping for a while back on my house blog. Hurray! I'm so, SO excited to have it all set up and finished. Once the basement is completed... hopefully soon: 
Last night in the wind storm, my dad's two huge hanging plant pots fell off, so I helped him find these huge hooks in the children's section of Ikea. We had needed these honkers for kid swings at our first visit. How are they working out, Steph and Lisa?! I think they'll work well for these plant pots:
My dad doesn't have maple trees, but there were twigs and leaves, and flowers from every other house on the street all mixed together in everyone's yard. It was sure windy last night:
For dinner we went to JoSeppi's Ristorante. We had to order this cake again! It seemed even BIGGER than last time. I didn't know that was possible. Between all of us, we still couldn't finish it:
Lindz, I thought of you when I saw this textured art painted to resemble somewhere in Italy. 
We then drove to the Proctor District in Tacoma so we could look through a couple of boutiques. We found a baby-blessing outfit and saw lots of other fun things. I'd have pictures, but I only had my little purse-camera. People are always more hesitant to let you take pictures when they think you're just trying to copy merchandise. When I have my bigger camera, they say, "take all the pictures you want!" OH well... But here is an old theatre they still use. They only play 1 movie/weekend, and it's only $5. What a fun place:
One of the couple pictures I took while in one of the boutiques. Look at this chocolate! Here is where I found "flipper slippers" for the little guy. They are little green frog-foot slippers and are so soft! They are for 3-6 months, so it will be before he walks, dang it, but they will be so funny! 
Tonight Mom and I watched Monster-in-Law and laughed our heads off. My mom and I love girl-movies and girl-shows. We tried to find old episodes of Gilmore Girls, but found none. I'll have to watch it when I get home! Along with the last season of Alias where she's pregnant herself. Oh goodness this pregnancy is coming to an end so quickly. 

Mom told me to pace myself when I get home and set aside one small project a day. This way I do one thing every day to get ready for the baby. Whether it's buying one packet of onesies, of diapers, organizing, or choosing out fabric for the crib. I'm getting excited. It's all becoming more real; especially after being given so many cute things. 

5 comments:

Jordan said...

It's becoming more real for me, too! I love girl shows TOO... I wish we could watch Gilmore Girls together, I haven't seen that in so long. I need some witty banter in my life! I love your blog Jace- you have to promise that when you have your baby you remember to blog about yourself too, and don't stop taking pictures of EVERYTHING! I love it!

Jayci said...

i promise. :)

rach said...

i love alias!

LMemory said...

hee hee... I definitely saw my name under the cake picture and just thought you put that in as a shout-out to girls like me who love some good sugar. THEN I kept scrolling down. That was a gorgeous painting! I love all the impasto. It really does feel like Italy. So rough around the edges and cozy.

Mars said...

You are busy bee! I love Ikea. I really like everything you took pictures of! That chocolate is awesome looking-minus the fact that I'm not a big chocolate fan. I can't wait to see all the baby stuff you've been up to! And LOVE girly movies & shows. The best!!