Buckwheat got a lot of fun in today. After 5 bowls of cereal (is THAT how you gain baby weight? yes. oops.), we headed here to Owen Beach:
My mom 'saddled him up' and I walked him down to meet and greet the water.
He won't get in a bath tub, but he'll get in big bodies of water. Here he's sniffing around.
•this is one of the cute shirts Aubrey gave me. I love it!
I'm so sad these pictures turned out blurry. We tossed stones
into the water so he'd think there's something he could catch:
Although you can't see it, he has the cutest swimming face.
He looks like a little sea-otter:
We'll have to try this over to get some better shots:
When we got home, my mom gave him the dreaded bath.
He escaped when I opened the laundry room door, and we had
to coax him out from under my parents bed
with a ring of the doorbell. The oldest trick in our book!
We went to Anthony's for lunch. This time I ordered Cod Fish and Chips.
My WTE emails say Cod, Trout and certain other fish
have high levels of DHA, which is important for
brain development this last trimester.
Apparently.
Lucky for me they were delicious!
Anthony's has some fun lights (a jellyfish!):
After lunch at Anthony's, we drove around town:
across from the gas pump:
Then crossed the bridge into Gig Harbor. We drove around looking at all sorts of fun houses both in Gig Harbor and in Tacoma and Ruston. I'm hoping to go back to get some pictures. We were going just barely too fast to get any:
Then tonight, while I watched Sailboats:
Buckwheat watched for the neighbor's grey cat:
Mark took some pictures:
And we watched the sunset with my parents:
It was one hot day here!! But it was beautiful, and fun, and filled with family. We still miss having Tessa here with us. But we got to talk to her today and laugh at her funny stories. Happy June 3rd!
6 comments:
What a great vacation. And Gig Harbor is beautiful. I love that place. Have fun!
Your parents live in a magical place!
you are so cute. And little buckwheat too. All i have to say after all these posts is....I want to go to WA & visit all these cool places. You can be my tour guide one day? :) And cod fish & chips sounds delish!
5 bowls of cereal sounds DELICIOUS actually. Cod fish? Am I going to be able to alter my diet for my baby when I'm pregnant? I just don't know. Love your pictures, as always. :o)
cute pics and cute girl! that's funny about buckwheat...escaping his bath. Rosie doesn't like baths either, but she's so naive she always gets caught before she can run away. haha
miss you already! i wish we had gotten a pic together...what was i thinking!
i'm so glad you like the clothes i gave you! what a wonderful documentation of your trip you have done. such awesome pics!
Post a Comment