June 16, 2009

knock-knock

I was just watching this belly of mine, and I saw a 'double-punch.' It seemed like the little guy was knocking. Knocking for what? maybe some salad? some french fries? some freedom? 

I'm not sure, but I get excited thinking about what this little boy will have in store for Mark and myself. While sitting in church on Sunday, Mark told me how he's excited to teach him that "Buckwheat loves funny, short stories." I think Mark is just thinking of ways to set this boy up so Mark is laughing all day. 

That is fine with me. Laughing in the homes means a happy home! If this little boy is half as funny as Mark and his brothers were as little boys, then we will have the strongest abs on the block. That's fine with me, too. 

Another thing I'm looking forward to is getting back into shape; toned and healthy. And small again. I liked feeling small in stature next to Mark. Now I'm not so sure I am! At least my shoulders haven't swelled, and he can still put his arm around me in church! ha

Feeling this boy jump and cart-wheel around makes me hurt and sore, but as I told my Grandmother yesterday, it's pretty funny when I push back on his little feet or knees. Mark pushed back on his little foot yesterday and the baby pushed back even harder! It was so sweet seeing Mark's eyes get all small and squinty from his smile. 

...I love these boys.

3 comments:

Marie said...

I'm just so excited for you!!!! You need to e-mail me your address again when you get a chance. Thanks!

Jordan said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! your post is enough to make ANYONE baby hungry jace! (so stop it!) haha jk. I am so excited for you! especially knowing how happy you are... loves.

Larkin Family said...

It's so much fun to feel your baby inside of you! I remember sitting down watching general conference about a week or two before Connor was born, and we just watched my stomach do "the wave" the whole time. You really do feel like they are trying to fight their way out!