June 7, 2009

day 25 - houses and squeezes

Do you remember the drink, Squeeze-Its? Well, I've given contractions a new name, and that's it. Today I had about 30 contractions, plus or minus a few. Perhaps it was all the driving around on bumpy-hilly roads, or it may have just been one of those days. Not painful or anything, but more like a numbing, squeezing feeling. Hence the rename, "squeeze-it!" Whoa. There's one! 

Let's begin. After a run to the post office (Aubrey, your little birthday something is in the mail now!), we drove to University Place to look at houses. The houses were nice, but we really loved the forest-y feel around the neighborhoods. 

Then we drove down to the Proctor District in Tacoma like we did yesterday. Mark and I had to see the houses again. I wanted to start the pictures off with my FAVORITE house of the day. It has a bit of a Snow-White feel, doesn't it?? I just want to move right in and start cleaning (but I peered into the window on the bottom left {from the car, of course!}, and there was no needed cleaning or decorating in this home. It was perfect! Wood-paned walls around fireplaces... so dreamlike). Look at the stained glass on the bottom right. AH! The front door... the stone...
Here was my second favorite. A little bigger, and still very charming! All of these homes, by the way, are about $500,000+ of any budget we'll probably ever have (b/c of location and views)! But a girl can dream! 
Such a quaint little sea-side house. I really liked it:
This home seemed a little colonial, and pretty roomy:
I liked this house a lot (about half of it is missing on the left side... we were doing a drive-by shoot). It reminded me a lot of my Gma & Gpa Barrett's house in Bellevue. If it were painted white, it would be a match:
This was Mark's favorite of the day. He even gave it a fancy little Chateau-like nickname:
After our Proctor-District drive, we came home to a delicious BBQ prepared by my pops. I don't know how they've actually lost weight since being here... they've certainly helped me gain a couple pounds!

The french bread Mark and I picked up in the Proctor District:
Salmon filet from Tacoma Boys:
Petit Filets from Tacoma Boys... making your mouth water?! They were so perfect:
After brownies and lots of ice water (I've been so thirsty!), Mark and I took the "5 Mile Drive" through Point Defiance Park. So beautiful:
We are leaving to go back home to Alaska tomorrow. We're sure glad it will be green when we get there! Alaska in the summertime is Heaven...  Ah! Another squeeze-it! 

11 comments:

MC Lewis said...

Ok so after looking at theses pictures I think my mind has went from thinking about moving to Washington to "yup, we are moving there." After you guys are done in Alaska where do you plan on "settling down"?

Holly said...

Sorry you're having so many contractions. I had them all the time too--nothing painful, just annoying and uncomfortable at times. I just tried to think of it as my body preparing for labor...the more "practice" contractions, the better I'd be at real labor, right? Let's hope that's the case for you! By the way, LOVE the pictures of the houses. You have an eye for beauty.

Beth said...

You make me miss WA so much. I too love looking at houses in that area. I always pine over them. Aren't they just fantastic. i am drooling over your salmon. Mmmm...I may have to buy some today. Not that it would be as good as what you get there, but what can we do??

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I think I like the 3rd house the best! So unique! Beautiful!

Umm...hi. I want some of that food. And hi, I want to hang out with you. Please?

Anonymous said...

Love the house pictures. I love looking at houses inside and out, it is one of my favorite things my mother-in-law and I go do, besides shopping!

Also, you are looking great in your 30 week picture! Almost there!

Anonymous said...

Those houses are awesome! Bumpy things too will cause lots of contractions/braxton hicks.....Just hope that every child after your first don't start at 3 months like me!

Anonymous said...

Oh, one of those houses reminds me of the movie, what lies beneath....I really didn't like that movie.....

Nicole said...

I love those houses! Keep dreaming...! My new favorite channel is HGTV, so I can relive househunting over and over.

Mars said...

I LOVE these houses! I could only dream of living in one in a place like that *sigh* I love house looking-even if I'll prob never own one that beautiful. Man that food looks SO GOOD!! Beautiful picture from your drive.

aubreyannie said...

thaaaaaaank you for my cutie birthday gift. i love it! i need to take a picture of it. so beautiful!!! you are too sweet.

aubreyannie said...

and pt defiance is breathtaking..as is that chateau house..yes please i'll move into that. i love your pictures!