June 15, 2009

six mile chalet

Friday night was the squadron's "Captain Promotion Party." There were quite a few 1st Lt.'s pinning on Captain around the same time. Mark and I drove two cars so I could drive home and get to bed early while he stayed to help with clean up. He told me to follow him closely, not get lost, and what I should do if I did get lost. I thought he was teasing!

But this place took a lot of windy driving to get to. It was nestled so far from anything I've been to on base. It took about half an hour to get to, so I thought we'd hit ocean soon! There were all sorts of sea planes and lakes around the 'chalet.' I'm already thinking of when I can go back to get pictures. It was beautiful!

I'm glad I followed Mark; this map is not very detailed (for the wives, at least):

No comments: