Then it got bigger. and bigger. Then I asked my sister (who has had some very bad bad bad migraines) if she'd ever heard of that. She had heard of it.
The flashy, blurry thing got bigger and bigger until it was just a ring around the outside of my vision. Then it was gone. (this took about 35 minutes for it to go away - during which I was making Mark do internet searches to make sure I wasn't permanently losing my vision!)
About 1/2 hour later, I got really fuzzy-headed and a little dizzy.
Calling my mom calmed me down a bit because she has the SAME type of migraine! like, exACtly. When I got off the phone with her, I took two extra strength tylenols.
I got comfortable on the couch and was knocked out for nearly 3 hours! It was really strange. When I woke up it felt just like a normal headache for the rest of the day (more painful with coughing and sneezing, though... ouch).
Does anyone else have these types of migraines?! I really hope it's only because I'm pregnant and not that this is a turning point in my headache's life history. I'm just thankful I didn't have to go to the ER or that it wasn't something more serious, or even just that it wasn't more painful than it was!
Mark and I caught a flight back to Seattle tonight and are now back with my parents, and already comfortable (Mark's already asleep, poor guy! - still trying to catch up on his rest from his last trip to the other side of the world). Buckwheat has been living the good life with walks, rides, and TONS of treats from mom and dad.
I miss the Reeders though and wish lots of times that we lived closer to family. But these visits are wonderful fixes to living our lives far from our families.
Sorry no pictures. I think it will be the last one on this trip with no pictures!
4 comments:
Migraines always remind me of a CERTAIN old roommate... yes... that's the one! hahaha. I don't REALLY know the difference between a migraine and a really bad headache, but I could (almost) swear I've had one before, except I didn't see the bright spot. I usually gage them by sleep. Since I get headaches pretty frequently, if I can sleep it off and be fine it's just a headache. If I wake up and still have one I consider it a migraine. I'd be willing to bet that in your case it's just a pregnancy thing. But hey... if migraines is the worst of your pregnancy... I'd take it!
I always get those without fail when I haven't been drinking enough water. They are more when I am pregnant then any other time. Your body uses more water too when pregnant, so drink a TON of water and that should help. Drinking tons of water also helps with swollen feet!
ah! I hope you're ok & don't get those anymore. That's kinda freaky. I'd be afraid. I'm sure it's just a pregnancy thing, and you have been traveling all over the place & doing lots. I'll cross my fingers this was just a one time thing for you!
Oh, Jayci! Poor dear. I've never had anything like that, but one of my very best friends would always get them. I always felt so sorry for her because you could tell it hurt like no other.
I'm glad you're doing better. And I hope it doesn't happen again.
Post a Comment