May 30, 2009

day 18 - luncheon and visits

Stacey threw me a baby shower/luncheon today with a bunch of family, a few neighbors, and a few friends. It was so wonderful to visit with everyone, and so many people helped out! Stacey woke up at 5:30 and started her busy schedule (crazy momma!), I woke up at 7:30 to find her busy at work. AH! 

This was the little set up (can't see the helium balloons up higher). So cute with the teacup flowers as party favors: 
The games! This was what I looked like finding out I was about to taste baby food: My poor, poor baby!
The Barretts! From the bottom left, up and around: Saylor (with a tu-tu!), Allison, Chelsea, Keri, me, Aunt Ruth, and Karsten. Cute Tessa was taking the picture, dang it! 
Aunt Stephanie doing the Price is Right game. I lost big time:
I got a bunch of blankets which is PERFECT for Alaska! I'm really excited. They were all SO cute, and a lot of them were hand made:
Jordan, this face must have been meant for you since you weren't there. We missed you!
Holly! I can't believe we didn't get a picture together! But my sister did snap a cute one of your stylin' hair and cute boy Tucker. I am still trying to get over how cute he is! Thank you for coming. I'm so excited about the 'bathroom kit!' So helpful!: 
aaah, Kristen. your handmade blanket and camera strap slip-cover (see shoulder!) and your mom's burping rag (why can't they make up cuter names for baby-things??) and the little somethin' somethin' were so cute and thoughtful!
P.S. - When Kristen saw me she said, "Your pictures don't make your belly look as big as it is!" I said, "well, SOME do, but why the HECK would I put those on my blog?!" (or something to that effect.) It's true... Just wait until the Week 30 picture coming up soon. I've grown. AH!

After the luncheon's cleanup, Mark, Tessa, and I went to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Barrett. It was such a nice visit. Grandpa told Mark and me some of his stories from WWII when he served in Guadalcanal and other parts of the Japanese Islands. I really need to write them down before I forget. I told Mark that if he had been any other profession, I don't believe my Grandpa would have wanted to talk so openly about it. This is the first time I remember him talking like this. It was so interesting!

Mark snapped a picture of their grand piano's inscription. It was built in 1908 and is HUGE and heavy, and soooo nice sounding: 
There was a storm brewing outside again, with little to no rain in the parts that we were at. Molly and Michael had to run for cover during their tennis, though! Luckies: 
After Gma's and Gpa's condo visit, I said farewell to my sister (who's about to start a new adventure come fall!). I'll miss you, Tess!! I love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just seems like yesterday you were having the bridal shower! It's cute to see your pregnant little self...

Josh said...

I wish that I could have been there. Boo Hoo!!!

Leslie said...

you look fabulous!!! looks like such a fun shower - beautiful flowers as a favor (great idea)!

Jordan said...

haha! I like that you tagged me as the ugly face! hahaha. The picture of you and kristen made me so sad, and happy at the same time. you look BEAUTIFUL Jace! I miss you so much!!!

Holly said...

I'm so glad I was able to come and see you for a little bit! That is really sad we didn't get a picture together, though! I thought about it as we were driving away...but by then it was too late. :) You looked great, and I'm so excited for you and Mark and your little boy!

Amy said...

Cute little pregnant lady!