May 13, 2009

day 1 - temple


First day in, and we visited the Seattle Temple, let the ground-keepers think we were non members (like a good Uncle Kirt would do), took lots of pictures, naps, ate at Anthony's, and had lots of laughs! 

tulips on the temple grounds:

dogwoods:
me and my pretty, pretty sister in what my mom called
"The Garden of Eden"
It did smell so heavenly! 
... I had to crop out my noodle arm:

More dogwoods 
I loved this tree! 

There was a pot of black grass! 
I have never seen black grass... or even such a dark plant.
We put a flower that a "member" gave us 
(remember, he thought we could be investigators) 
right on top and it was ...
simply this: 

I had a baby appointment yesterday, and got to hear this little boxer's heart. He was swinging away at the doppler. Mark got a big grin on his face when we heard all his movements. Everything was good and happy, especially when I showed up too late to the lab for the glucose test!! I now have to wait till I get back. whoops! The lab tech did not understand that I was perfectly fine with that. 

8 comments:

Mars said...

ah Jayce! I'm happy you posted even though you are away. I was afraid your blog was going to be neglected. I love the pictures. I love visiting Temples in diff states. You & Tessa are absolutely stunningly beautiful! I can't wait for most posts. That's funny you pretended to be non members :) And I love the flower in the black grass!

Brittany B said...

Those flowers are so pretty. You're still looking good at 6 months! I missed going up with Kevin so hopefully next time he goes I can tag along and see your mom! Have fun your girls!

Anonymous said...

your pictures are awesome! Black grass should be the new fad.....
I HATE glucose tests......more than child birth....

Katrina said...

I've never heard of black grass either! How interesting.

Marie said...

Oh, that black grass is so pretty!! It would look gorgeous in a pot with some bright red flowers next to my front door. Hmm.... ;)

You are looking great!! I'd be happy to miss a glucose test too. That stuff is N-A-S-T-Y!!!!!! I don't know why all doctors don't let people eat a pre-measured bag of jelly beans. I've heard some docs do that. They know how much sugar is in "x" amount of jelly beans and it works just the same!!

Hipple Family said...

The pics are so incredible, I love your photography work! I have a doc apt tomorrow, I think it's been 8 weeks since I have been. Oops! Glucose test here I come!!

aubreyannie said...

welcome to seattle! what pretty pictures you took of the temple grounds. and ick on the glucose test. this time around i opted out on that test..the joys of having #3. that stuff you have to drink is terrible. can't wait to get in touch and see you!!

rach said...

i love and miss washington...that's where i'm from. enjoy your beautiful trip!