My mom says I should put pictures up for every day of the trip. I'll see how well I can do!
She painted this before they moved away from Las Vegas, it's a panoramic of Red Rock. I remember when she worked on this in the garage for about a year. She had photographs she had taken in the canyon and taped them all besides the next... voila! sorry about the weird angle, it's by the stairs

Outside I admired her easel, and ... skull. I think they've had this for a long, long time! Who know where or who it's from. Maybe I should ask:

Spent some time outside. The weather was great this afternoon! Buckwheat even saw a cat:

Changed a smoke-detector battery in the guest bedroom (where I'm sleeping - glad it stopped beeping!) ... after a run to the store for non-expired batteries.
5 comments:
love your mom's painting!
Wow, your mom is so talented! Buckwheat is cute, and it's a very cute name. I'm guessing you flew down... how much did it cost to take him with you?
I loved the flowers in your last post. Oh, I love love love love love color. And flowers. And sunshine. And the temple. :D
How fun to be in Seattle! I love that place. And I never knew that your mom painted-how cool. Have fun on your trip!
Maybe someday we will be in Seattle at the same time? Maaayyybe??
Oh, your mom's painting makes me miss home so much! Oh, and I'm loving your dad's groovy hipster hair! Makes me wish the AF wouldn't force those haircuts so often!
Post a Comment