May 18, 2009

day 6 - the park

Lots of fun today! Donuts for breakfast, porch sitting (while it was cloudy), and when the sun came out, we went for a stroll in the park! When I say stroll, I mean photo-stops are plenty. My mom has some serious patience for my stops. There are so many things to take pictures of: 

Japanese Gardens
in the Japanese Gardens
turtles sunbathing
Tessa watching the ducklings in the pond
flowering tree over the pond
Canadian goose looking for bread
mother duck and ducklings (just before being fed
by the cutest little Italian-speaking girl)
every time I tried to get this guy, I ended up with this:
in the Japanese garden
pansies at "the neighbor's house" (beautiful landscaper!)
forget-me-nots (they're so teeny!)
"the neighbor's" has a chandelier in his green house. I loved it!
hanging wisteria. I love this, too.
lilac trees are everywhere
We got a visit from Uncle Kirt today, and we sat our chairs around him just waiting for a show. We got one! He's always so hilarious. 

"Hey! Beautiful!

He even gave me two tickets for the Mariner's game when Mark comes to join me here. I'm so excited! Hurray for a baseball loving family.

6 comments:

Marie said...

All of your photos are just fabulous. That duck has some cute little tocks he was trying to show you ;) The flowers in your pictures are gorgeous. I love forget-me-nots. I'm growing some of my own from seeds. They're super tiny now. I can't wait until they bloom. Great pictures, Jayci!!!

Katrina said...

I love that greenhouse and the wisteria. We get tons of wisteria here but I didn't manage to get out and take some photos before it was gone. It only lasts a week or so.

Amy said...

Someday I hope to have a little wonderland of my own--similar to "the neighbor's". [keyword there: someday]

Mars said...

WOW. All I can say is...I'm jealous. Such a beautiful state. I'm loving all the flowers & naturey pics. Esp the green house with the chandellier! ah! I'm in love!

Mars said...

And yay for baseball! What a nice uncle. Love baseball games! :)

Jordan said...

I LOVE that greenhouse. So charming. I want a camera like yours! Is it huge and annoying to carry around? I currently have a little pink point and shoot. Which I love, but doesn't take pictures the same.