May 24, 2009

day 12 - temple, houses, and doors

Today was spent churching, snoozing, driving, ogling, talking, and dice-rolling (pirate's dice!). Here is the new temple in South Jordan (go ahead and toot your horns South Jordan! Only city in the world with two temples! so exciting). The white tents are for the dedication next weekend. It will be some affair: 
This charming house is right behind the temple... If I lived here, I think I would feel an obligation to go EVERY day. Excuse the green street sign. Now you know where to find it! So cute:
This cute little Daybreak neighborhood next to the temple was incredible. So perfectly manicured, and tended. Every house was very different from the next, but they all coordinated so well! It really reminded us of a movie set: Wisteria Lane or Stepford Wives-ish. 

But my favorites were the doors. Many of them had such gorgeous wreathes: 
Looks like a Pottery Barn catalog: 
I liked this house a bunch when I saw it:
I loved these garage doors: 
Oooo! And this one:
I saw this house and I thought Mark would love it. He loves dramatic lighting and beautiful exterior stonework. He's got good taste. I'm excited to see if he really does like it like I'm expecting him too. we shall see!
Then Stacey drove Tessa and I over to see their first house in So. Jordan. What memories for Mark! Don't you love visiting your childhood homes? So fun. 

Now it's off to Colorado Springs!! Holy traveling.

6 comments:

Mars said...

That temple is so pretty! (well they ALL are). Too bad you couldn't be there for the dedication. I LOVE all those cute houses! Ahh someday I will have a house like that. Glad you enjoyed SLC & Travel safely to Colorado! (YAY COLORADO! Say hi to it for me!)

Amy said...

My favorite is "the pottery barn catalog door". But they are all lovely.

Holly said...

Love the house pictures (and of course the temple picture)! (What kind of camera do you use?) Crazy--now you're going to Colorado Springs? Do you remember that that's where Curt & I are both from? You're sure making the rounds!

Jordan said...

OOOOOH I want a house like those some day! I loved the first picture... the black door with the big top square and the giant green wreath. Plus the contrast of the red flower pots... I love it!

Bayloretta said...

I love the first wreath! So beautiful! Why are you going to the Springs? I'm there now--we are having glorious rainy weather, but I'm beginning to miss the sun.

rach said...

i love that style home! a dream, for sure.