May 21, 2009

day 9 - planes and piano

Everyone, I think, has had an 'airport moment.' This afternoon we had to send this girl back to SLC, so she can make some dinero. I couldn't just give her one hug, so I gave her two. We miss her! The house is too quiet now. 
So to make some noise tonight, I sat down at this big ole' stringed instrument and had some fun. 
I began with this song:
Written by this guy
Then wanted a little more of a challenge so I tried this one.. it was more familiar than I thought it would be; I guess I've heard it before! Go Chopin!
Even with an electric piano at home, and playing wall pianos at church every Sunday for primary, I miss the sound a Grand can make. Especially my mom's Yamaha. When I was once at a piano retailer with Mark, we were asking about all the different sounds of pianos, prices, comparisons, information of all sorts. When the experienced older woman explained the Yamaha's trademark sound, I got a wave of nostalgia for my mom's piano. "It sounds like sunshine. Bright and light." I love it's sound. Mark likes the softer, rich sound of his parents', while I can't get enough of my mom's playing and her piano!

PS to Aubrey - I was thinking of you while your party is going on! (currently) and hope it's a smash! Can't wait to hear about it and see the faves. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Excuse me while I covet your mom's piano.
...
...
...
Ok, I'm good for the time being.