May 23, 2009

day 10 - Ikea, packing, toting, and tucking

Busy day! This morning was filled with a run to Target and TJMaxx with my mom, found a great tote to use a diaper bag! I'm so excited about it. But then! I got a call from a friend's husband saying he was going to be at the IKEA soon, so we packed up mine and Tessa's old crib and set out to meet him. Hello, Ikea: 
He was in a frantic rush, so my dad and I stepped inside this glorious furniture heaven and helped him rush through his lists. It was crazy!! But we found nearly everything on his list. 
Here is the non-diaper-bag, diaper-bag. I figured my kiddo is going to be my work, so why not look super chic changing diapers with a "work tote"!? We'll see if it works as well as I am hoping. It is bigger than it looks:
See inside? that's one of my favorite color combinations. Bright green + black. I don't think it stems from high school colors, I just love the colors together! Anyway, two of the zippers actually make up a pouch that can be removed for extra room:
I'm all packed up and ready for SLC tomorrow. This little guy doesn't know that I'm leaving. Let's try not to disturb him with the bad news... 
When I came back into my room tonight after brushing my teeth, I saw my mom had tucked him in under a blanket she knotted for him. We were laughing so hard! That was about an hour ago, and he is still in the EXACT same spot. What a spoiled little pooch! Good thing he's so sweet. 

SLC here I come! 

12 comments:

The Willis Wonder Years said...

Travel safely! PLEASE call me when you get back to WA with Mark! We MUST plan a get together. Here is my number! 360-915-3030

No prank calling me any of you Jayci blog readers!! jk ;o)

Jayci said...

Mel! :) thanks for your phone number. And I'm so glad you say "prank call" too! I never understood "crank calling".. what a train of thought I have going..

Darci Buhl said...

Love the bag. You're going to be so glad to have something cute when a baby is destroying your clothes with spit-up and what not:)

Anonymous said...

Jayci, have a great time in SLC and I will see you soon! I love you, Mark

Katrina said...

Oh i'm so excited to soon be living in the same valley as an Ikea. Have fun in Salt Lake!

Kristina said...

That's the exact same fleece I have for Zumi! Except I haven't done anything cute or special to it because I don't know how to do anything cute or special. But how funny!

Holly said...

I am impressed that you're able to keep doing your daily posts! What a fun travel log! Have fun in SLC! So close to us--I'd love to see you, but I'm sure you've already got enough plans to fill your time!

Josh said...

Do you have any time when you are in Salt Lake for us to visit you????

Matt and Tanya Wonderly said...

What a savvy little mama you are going to be with your new little not-diaper bag diaper bag! I heart it! Good find Jayci! Good find!!

Mars said...

LOVE Ikea! Good job finding all that stuff so fast-I get lost in that store every single time I go there haha. I LOVE that not diaper bag, diaper bag. SO CUTE & I LOVE the green!! Super chic & not tacky. Good work. HAHA Buckwheat is SO CUTE! All tucked in under that cute blankie your mom made him. This makes me laugh. I am sure he will miss you but it looks like your mom will spoil him. Is this to show what's to come with baby? hehe. 1st kids are always spoiled. Love you! Hope you stay safe in all your travels!

Brittany B said...

They key to a good diaper bag is lots of pockets and lightweight. They get heavy after a bit. I have to have everything in different pockets or Kevin is constantly asking where something is. Good find!

Anonymous said...

I love Ikea and I love your dog too! So CUTE!