May 19, 2009

day 7 - nursery and salon

This morning at about 9 we went around to a couple of my dad's favorite nurseries. There were all sorts of pretty flowers, trees, shrubs (even sculpted into tea kettles and windmills!), and antique gas pumps to stare and ogle at. 

Pretty plants that look like fall year round: 
sculpt-able plants:
old cash register near the antique gas pumps:
After our lunch at a Mexican restaurant, Tessa and I got to get our hair done! Tessa had hers cut, while I got mine colored a more natural color; you know, not 3 different colors from grow-out.

I looove this picture of these two. Well, I just love these two:  
Tessa was really good at getting Buckwheat to look a certain direction so she could get a picture. I know I look like a goober: 
... and my hair up close: 
it's one color! it's magical!

P.S. to Jordan - the camera is huge and annoying to carry around, but I have too much fun to really care. It only gets really heavy when I have the telephoto lens on it. ow! And even then I have to carry it around for a good 10 minutes or so to start feeling it. But people today asked me, "what are you taking pictures for?" They must think I'm a journalist or something. ha! right. I just wave my hand at the question and say, "oh, nothing." Still fun!! I always have my little point and shoot in my purse though in case I don't have the 'big guy' with me, or if it's just faster. :) I think you should put your point-and-shoot to work!!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Your family seems so cool! and I can't get over how cute Buckwheat is.

Jordan said...

You guys have spent so much time outdoors at all these parks and nurseries haven't you? The weather must be nice! Love love LOOOOVE the hair-- the color, cut, the way its styled, everything! The grass is always greener for me isn't it. I love Kristen's, yours, and Tessa's hair and mine is nothing like any of them. I am having my friend Emily trim mine on Saturday but I'm at a total loss as to what to do to it to liven things up. Hmph!

Oh, and p.s. Emily's got a big "journalist" camera like yours too and I am starting to get jealous. What kind is it exactly?

hairyshoefairy said...

Cut, cute hair!

Anonymous said...

Jayci, you look great!

Love, Your husband