May 27, 2009

Day 15 - Graduation!

Mike graduated today!! Mike is Mark's younger brother, and 24 yrs. old. His graduation today at the United States Air Force Academy began with .... 
VP Joe Biden:
(He gave a very good speech!!)
The toss of the hats JUST as the Thunderbirds flew over. It's amazing how it was timed!
After the ceremony, during the Thunderbirds' show: 
helloooo Thunderbirds!
(Stacey snapped this picture:)
This was when one F-16 broke off the group and flew straight up for 2 miles. It was so pretty:
Proud Stacey with her two USAFA grads: 
I'm so glad I got to see an AF graduation, since I didn't know Mark when he graduated:
Stacey snapped this one of Marty looking at his old F-15. What great memories he must have:
Waiting for the boys (you can see my burn starting to take effect..) near the Chapel:
big belly!:
"I sure appreciate what Mark went through." 
- Mark's wife (me)
(he wanted his wife to feel this way, way back before he met his 'future wife.' How funny.)
 Well, Mark AND Michael. I am so proud!!

5 comments:

Bayloretta said...

Congratulations to Michael! I've been looking for you every time I drive around the North end of town, just in case I happen to see you! I'm so glad the weather finally turned gorgeous--just in time for the T-birds!

The Larsen Life said...

Haha It's funny how it was freezing the day before, and now you're all burnt! Ahhhh Colorado weather...gotta love it! Thanks for posting these. It takes me back to Chris' graduation. I miss it out there so bad!! We're driving out to Utah in a lil' over a week and hopefully we're going to do a drive through in the Springs. I miss it so much! BTW..You are ALL belly! One HOT mama ;)

Holly said...

Congrats Mike (and Mark)! That IS quite an accomplishment! I miss living in the Springs for the Air Force graduation and the Thunderbirds. So many memories! You look so cute with your little belly, and I'm so excited to see you on Saturday!!! I'm pretty sure Curt & I are just going to make a trip out of it and try to get some things done up in SLC while we're up in the area...that way I can bring Tucker so you can meet him too! (Don't worry--Curt will find something to do while we're visiting so that he's not crashing the party!) :)

Mars said...

Congrats to Mike! Remember when you wanted to set me up with him? haha. Fun times. Ahh I LOVE the AF Acadamy! I love the hats flying & I'm sure it was amazing being there with the Thunderbirds flying overhead at the same time. SO COOL!! Love you & your cute belly! Those shorts are adorable on you & thanks for the card & check. I got it yesterday :)

Jordan said...

ohmygosh. I just commented on your last post about how you wanted to set me up with mike, and now mauri commented on this one saying the same thing! ahh embarrassing hahaha! (more embarrassing for mike probably. hope he doesn't read this.) I also thought it was funny someone commented on the colorado weather and it's bi-polarity, and boy it is so true. Utah's got nothin on 'em.