Another long day and we're home (in Utah, at least!). We ate a spectacular meal (yet again!) from Sister Pann, divided into two cars (so Marty and Mamie could go to the airport), then three of us (Mike, Stacey, and myself) set out for a little site-seeing before our rendezvous.
We started with the Denver Temple. We all think it was the first that Stacey's grandpa got to dedicate. How pretty:
Then we headed up the mountain to Buffalo Bill's grave site and museum:
Colorful Colorado:
Mike's "jake-face" as I named it:
After a Subway lunch, we shuffled some more, and I ended up in Mike's passenger seat. We now have the same car, so I was pretty comfortable! I got to see things that just a few years ago I would have looked past. Now, not seeing desert-y things often, I think it's beautiful:
Beautiful rain clouds... I miss the feeling of a storm blowing in. Something so exciting about that:
Passed Castle Dale:
We decided to take a detour to Provo (woo!!), and we drove past where my roommates and I walked together for our very first outing freshman year. I miss my roommates!
Then after driving past my dorm (Horne Hall, building number 5!), seeing my old dorm window, we stopped at the Creamery so these two could make fun of mine and Stacey's happy memories. Ha! These two!!:
"The Cremary"
Enjoying their creams:
6 comments:
It's so true how much you miss desert when you're far away from it. Of course, I always thought it was beautiful... I had to defend the St. George Gorge once; I drove through it with a roommate from Georgia once who told me I was dumb for thinking it was beautiful ("There's no green! It's just a bunch of rocks!")
I love the grey tunnel picture, too, and I wanted to show you this, one of my favorite pictures that I saw every day when I worked at the BYU Museum of Art:
http://monet.byu.edu/emuseum/code/emuseum.asp?style=browse¤trecord=81&page=search&profile=objects&searchdesc=maynard%20dixon&quicksearch=maynard%20dixon&newvalues=1&newstyle=single&newcurrentrecord=88
It looks a little like your rain cloud picture!
Have a great rest of vacation!
Lindsey
Your pictures are so gorgeous! I love the shots of the Denver to Provo drive. That is seriously one of the prettiest drives--the entire way. So scenic.
You're so sweet! I don't know if my lungs are golden, but they are finally getting acclimatized. I can't believe how much effect just a few hundred feet of elevation has!
Oh, how I love thee, Provo! haha. I miss the creamery, and I miss my roommates too. I am SO excited to see you tomorrow! TOMORROW!!!!!! I can't wait to rub that little belly of yours. :)
You just made me home sick. I miss CO :( BUT I am glad you got to enjoy it & are now safe in UT where you aren't getting winded anymore haha!
Oh, the Denver Temple, and the Creamery! Thanks for the good memories. Even though we still live in Utah, we rarely travel down to campus anymore. I would love to go peek inside my old dorm room (good old Rogers Hall) and re-live all those fun memories. But then there are those memories I'm more than willing to forget--Chemistry being one of them. (remember those terrible classes together?!)
Amen, Holly. The Denver temple and the Creamery... GOOD memories! AND Horne Hall! WHY do you insist on coming to Provo when I, for ONCE am not there! Hope you and Kristen have a happy reunion... I miss you both dearly.
Post a Comment