June 26, 2009

fickle fabrics

An explanation: I'm "fickle."

Flannel: fabrics that I think are too "ordinary" but would look like a magazine clipping with a dark dark crib... and warmer in the winter! *added note: if I used these, they would be a pair:
Cotton: I like the whimsical feel of this fabric, like a Peter-Pan sky that our little boy could dream happy things about. But it's blue, thus being stereotypical for a boy! I'm having a tough time:
Julia, I loved looking at those fabric sites! If anyone knows of any fabric sites that you have used, let me know! I'd love to window-web shop!

9 comments:

Mars said...

I REALLY like the stripe. Simple & cute but not boring. Maybe pair it with a matching solid? Are you making a bumper with this fabric?

Jayci said...

i would pair those two together. :) That way a plain isn't just TOO boring. I like how they are contrasting, but have the similar colors. and yes! i'm slip-covering a bumper and then making sheets out of something. Either the same fabric or something different. That is another choice that I just don't want to make! ha!

Mars said...

Ok I get it now that we are talking about it. I love the first 2! And like we are talking about...jersey knit sheet. I know whatever you pick will be perfect. You are so "fickle" like me. You just have to pick one & go with it or you will keep changing your mind & finding other "better" choices. Story of my life. :)

julia said...

I like the stripe fabric! I'm impressed that you can even figure out how to sew a bumper cover. Someday you'll have to come to the fabric wholesale district in la. Lots of great stuff and people to bargain with! I can't believe you failed the glucose!! Uggh. I was told not to eat any carbs or juice to help pass. Now what do you have to do?

Beth said...

First off I loved the bracelets. My fave was the last one. I love it! I can only imagine how much work it was, but now it makes me want to get into beading. And secondly I like the stripes. I think that they are more versatile. Thirdly, my favorite fabric sites are fatquartershop.com and fabric.com. I personally love the lines from Moda, Michael Miller and Amy Butler, but there are other good ones too.

rach said...

hey! i'm leaving utah on the 18th of july. we will be in spokane from the 1-15th. so, yeah, maybe send it to WV! haha. i'll get the address to you...

Jordan said...

I like the first two. With a dark crib I think they would be very potterybarn-classy. Tough choices to make!!

word verif: pregmis. coincedince? I think not.

Brittany B said...

I really like the first two together. It would be really cute to recover a rocking chair to match them too.

Jayci said...

thanks for the feedback again!! :o) I think the smarter way to go will be with the flannel. But I have a little while to make up my mind, so this may not be the last post on 'fickle fabrics.' ha!