A favorite show of mine on ABC just went 6 feet under. I just finished watching the series finale of this delightfully energetic show:
In an entertainment world where more shows are being devoted to mind-numbing reality shows, it was refreshing to have a show so devoted to dialogue, costume, and set. Another reason I so loved the show was the physical distance that was necessary between the two stars. It kept this show wholesome:
If the pie maker, Ned (above), touched something dead, it came to life (but only for 1 minute, or something else would die). This way he was able to solve murder cases with Emerson Cod, his chinese-food loving, detective of a partner. Right before the minute was up, Ned would zap (touch) the very-much-alive victim, making them un-alive again, forever. His girlfriend, and child-hood sweetheart (shown above), Charlotte Charles, was murdered on a cruise ship, and he zapped her back to life; but since has been unable to touch her again because he wants her alive and well, with him.
If the pie maker, Ned (above), touched something dead, it came to life (but only for 1 minute, or something else would die). This way he was able to solve murder cases with Emerson Cod, his chinese-food loving, detective of a partner. Right before the minute was up, Ned would zap (touch) the very-much-alive victim, making them un-alive again, forever. His girlfriend, and child-hood sweetheart (shown above), Charlotte Charles, was murdered on a cruise ship, and he zapped her back to life; but since has been unable to touch her again because he wants her alive and well, with him. Mark will be happy that this show has been wrapped up after a mere two seasons, because it would make him crazy with its fast dialogue and bright colors. It was a bit reminiscent of Gilmore Girls, in fact, just full of fantasy. I will miss this show!!
4 comments:
I ADORED this show!!!! Everything Chuck wore, I coveted. Everything Ned said, I swooned. Every crazy bright set they went to, I wanted to recreate in my future house. I love it, and I'm so sad it's over!!! I need to catch up, I only watched until Chuck's mummified dad left her!!! AAAh Ned has to be able to kiss chuck somehow in the end! In Lindseyland, Ned's dad will have the same power he has, and ned will zap chuck for good, but then the dad will bring her back, and that way she and ned can be free to hug, FOREVER!
I've never watched it, it sounds kind of weird, but if it is anything like Gilmore Girls in dialogue I bet I'd like it. Sad plot though, about not being able to touch her... thank goodness that part's not real!
I LOVE pushing daisies and am still depressed they cancelled it.
so sad!! i loved that show .... AND we NEVER saw it together!!! if you ever want to re-watch some episodes, let me know, cause I didn't finish the first season. that show was so cute, i loved it!
Post a Comment