June 12, 2009

house quilt

Here is my square-design for the latest quilt project. We are all supposed to design a square and make 16 of them. Then we all swap and have a house of everyone's. As you can see, I chose to do a cabin to remember Alaska by. It's not done, but here it is so far. 
I think I'll add some swirly smoke coming from the chimney and a window. Some of the other quilt squares I've heard of/seen have been: 

- a bird house
- a gold fish bowl
- an igloo with little penguins
- a beach hut with palm tree
- a mushroom (this square may have changed...)

So while I'm hand-quilting my middle-eastern-themed quilt, I will be working on this quilt as well before the little guy joins us in the next couple of months.

5 comments:

Mars said...

This is great! You're so crafty & brave for taking up quilting. It seems hard & overwhelming to me. Maybe one day I'll attempt it. But only cute baby quilts.

KristenL said...

Very cool. I love swaps! I'm glad you're learning how to quilt. Your square looks excellent. And I am SO impressed you are hand quilting your middle-east quilt. HOLY! I can't even imagine attempting that. Way to go!

Jordan said...

It's PERFECT for how I would imagine Alaska. So cute! I love it.

Josh said...

That is so cool!!! What a great idea. That would be a good enrichment mini group. And I just happen to be our ward's mini group coordinator.

Katrina said...

What a great idea!

Just got all caught up on your posts. You had quite the long and eventful trip! And you are a freaking adorable pregnant girl, I must add. :-)